HSCRB core facilities support scientific researchers both within Harvard and across the Boston area.
These facilities provide scientists with access to highly specialized services, equipment, and expertise that cannot be supplied by an individual laboratory.
Joseph Vaughan, Assistant Director of Laboratories, has overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations, procedures, safety and personnel for our 5 core facilities and our 24 laboratories. Please reach out to him with any questions, concerns or assistance.
HSCRB Core Facilities
- Flow Cytometry Core Facility: Expert mammalian cell sorting and analysis. Both tech and self service open to investigators of Harvard University and its affiliated institutions
- HSCRB Histology-Immunohistochemistry Core Facility: Professional and technical histological and immuno-histochemical services. Both tech and self service open to investigators of Harvard University and its affiliated institutions
- HSCI iPS Core Facility (hosted by HSCRB): Human iPS cell line derivation and genome-editing services, as well as distribution of human pluripotent stem cell lines produced by Harvard scientists
- Genome Modification Facility Transgenic, gene targeting, and other related mouse-model services to investigators of Harvard University and its affiliated institutions
- HSCRB Lab Services Centralized media preparation, glass wash and autoclaving and the department’s Glass Pipette program, a university Green award winning initiative. Services are available to science laboratories and investigators on the Harvard University’s Cambridge campus.
Other core facilities
HSCRB scientists use many different core facilities across Harvard. Here, we share the cores that are used most regularly by members of our department.
Bioinformatics and computing
- FAS Research Computing on the Cambridge campus
- HMS Bioinformatics Core on the Longwood campus
Supporting technologies ranging from complex multi-laser flow cytometers to simple spectrophotometers
A comprehensive list of Harvard’s biomedical core facilities